Are you ready to dive into the world of making and growing more from scratch?
You've come to the right place
The Kiwi Country Homestead!
I’m Laura MacDonald and I run the website The Kiwi Country Girl.
My husband Josh & I, along with our kids, have spent the last 9 years slowly building our homestead, learning things and making small changes to our lifestyle along the way.
We started with a few chickens and now we grow most of our own vegetables, raise animals for eggs and meat and make all of our meals from scratch along with snacks, yoghurt, bread, preserves and more.
But something I noticed along the way was that skills and methods that have been around for generations are often over complicated, making them seem too time consuming and unachievable for someone starting out.
I don't know about you, but I don't have time for complicated!
I mean, let's be real here. We have 3 young kids, Josh works full time and I run a business from home. Like many people, we have a lot going on but still want to live the lifestyle we desire and share it with our kids.
So over time we have refined our skills and simplified the way we do things in order to actually fit them into our life!
Our whole approach to homesteading is all about sharing how we incorporate old fashioned skills naturally into our day, involving our kids and making it simple and achievable!
And I want the same for you!
As a member of The Kiwi Country Homestead, you will have access to:
- Exclusive recipes and videos based on a monthly focus topic - topics available now include sourdough bread, homemade gift ideas, Instant Pot/Multi Cooker basics and water bath preserving
- Upcoming topics include keeping chickens for eggs, yoghurt making, planning and starting a garden, homesteading with kids and more!
- Helpful printables, infographics and resources to support the monthly focus topics
- Instagram close friends stories - behind the scenes content, stories relating to the monthly focus topics and priority messaging
- Facebook community where you can connect with other members to ask questions, share successes and get to know other like minded friends
- Members only discount on my ebooks and first access to all new digital and physical products!
BONUS: Join as an annual member and you will also receive my best selling ebook bundle! (value over $60)
Bundle includes my 4 week meal plan ebook, 30 minute meals ebook, freezer meal prep ebook, burrito spice ebook, + printable freezer meal labels and a printable weekly meal planner!
Current topics available as soon as you join up
An introduction to sourdough bread. We will learn how to:
- Make a sourdough starter
- Bake a loaf of artisian sourdough bread
- Bake my favourite recipe for soft sourdough sandwich bread
A Homemade Christmas
- Homemade gift ideas for everyone
- DIY reusable gift bag tutorial
- Our family Christmas menu
- Printable advent calendar cards
Instant Pot Basics
All of my best tips, tricks and information about my favourite kitchen appliance. This month will cover:
- Instant Pot 101
- Comparisons of 2 popular models
- My favourite things to cook in the Instant Pot
- Cheat sheet with timings for all of the things I use my Instant Pot for on a weekly basis
Water Bath Preserving
Everything you need to know to get you started with water bath preserving. This topic covers:
- Why we water bath preserve
- Equipment needed and where to source it
- A step by step of the process
- Recipe for Zucchini Relish
- Recipe for Berry Sauce
- FAQ's and Tips & Tricks
Planned topics for 2023
Keeping chickens for eggs, yoghurt making, homesteading with kids, planning and starting a garden, freezer meals and more!
Become a member of
The Kiwi Country Homestead today!
The Kiwi Country Homestead is all about teaching you these valuable, somewhat old fashioned tried and true methods of gardening, preserving, keeping animals and raising kids but with a modern approach and in a very simple, achievable way.
And as a member, you will be able to help shape the membership so that you can get the most out of it!